For me finding that perfect backpack that will support me on shorter overnights and also onto long distance or section hikes is difficult.
What if I found what may be the game changer for myself in being perfect for any needs I have on the trail while giving amazing overall features?
Welcome the Shadowlight from Outdoor Vitals using a completely new layout different from EVERYTHING on the market today, offering value and lightweight backpacking to the masses!
Shadowlight Ultralight Backpack
45L and 60L Options
The ShadowLight™ Ultralight backpack brings a new meaning to “ultralight backpacking”. No longer do you have to sacrifice everything to get below a 2 lb pack weight! No more carrying a tube or duffle bag on your back just to shave some weight.
* As an affiliate we earn from qualifying purchases, thanks for supporting our work!
Here’s a rundown of what we’ll provide in this Shadowlight Ultralight Backpack review:
- First we’ll share the features and benefits that you’ll find useful
- Next, we’ll take a look at the drawbacks you might need to know about
- Then, we’ll tell you a bit about the Outdoor Vitals company
- And finally we’ll provide a sampling of actual customer and Independent reviews to give you better insight into the product.
Sound good? Let’s get started!
Features and Benefits of the Shadowlight Ultralight Backpack
- Dual Main Compartment Access – Roll-top enclosure, with front center zip access
- Top Y Strap – Top cinch strap to further secure roll-top or to strap on pads, tents, etc.
- 2 Large Front Pockets – 2 stretch fabric pockets to hold extra gear
- Functional and Removeable Hip Belt – 2 hip belt zippered pockets (6 x 5 x 2.5 inches) with key clip
- Large Side Pockets – 2 Water bottle pockets, with a pocket above to hold even more gear
- Frame and Frameless Ability – Easily Removable aluminum frame
- Strength Where It Counts – Reinforced fabric on underside of pack & pockets
- Ultralight With Extra Organization and Access like our side pockets, large hip belt pockets, mesh pockets and full length main panel entry zipper keep you organized, but still ultralight on the trail!
- Designed to be Ultralight and Ultra Comfortable, coming in at under 2lbs including a removable frame & hip belt, it carries weights all the way up to 35+ lbs! No more feeling the pain of carrying or feeling like your ultralight backpack is going to fold under the weight of a long water haul or when you need to pack extra gear!
- Special Designed Spectra / Robic Ripstop Fabric gives you both the benefits of a high tenacity nylon and UHMWPE fibers! Enjoy the strength and durability of a much heavier fabric, but now possible in an ultralight package!
- Limited Lifetime Warranty protects you from any defects so that you can rest easy knowing you are receiving the highest quality gear that is ready to better your next adventure!
Shadowlight Ultralight Backpack TECHNICAL SPECS
|45L & 60L
|45L – 1lb 14.5oz60L – 1lb 15.5oz
|100D Robic Nylon w/ 200D Spectra Ripstop210D Robic Nylon w/ 400D Spectra Ripstop
|WP Rating 1500mm HH & Included Nylofume Pack Liner
|24″ (vertical) Aluminum Alloy
|Duraflex plastic hardware
|Fits Up To
|40″ Pant Waist
|Outdoor Vitals Lifetime Warranty
Special Features (Pros) of the Shadowlight Ultralight Backpack
Functionally Built Modular Design – Allows you to remove the frame and remove your hip belt to fit the weight and goals of your trip. Plus you can easily remove the back panel to utilize as a sit pad!
Quality Construction Materials – Utilizing their own special Spectra / Robic ripstop fabric. They were able to cut incredible weight while retaining top of industry durability and strength!
Added Easy Removable Frame – Added a 24 inch frame to transfer the load from your shoulders to your hips for ultimate comfort when your load creeps up in weight whether it be a long water carry, winter trips, or helping others split a load!
Vast Array of Space While Maintaining Low Weight – Perhaps the most important part of the pack is the organization and access we have been able to provide while remaining under 2lbs!
Special Full Zipper Provides Instant Access – Full-length zipper gives you access to the entirety of your pack without unloading everything
You should also know that they donate 1% of revenues to sustainable poverty projects around the world.
Drawbacks (Cons) for the Shadowlight Ultralight Backpack
Not Fully Waterproof – The backpack is made from high quality materials but not thread taped with validation, highly suggest using the included Nylofume liner to ensure your gear stays dry and safe. (Current WP Rating 1500mm HH & Included Nylofume Pack Liner)
Zippered Main Compartment Entry – While in the pros above this could also become a con as many times zippers are a source of gear break and with a backpack this could send your gear out all over the place!
Video: Shadowlight Ultralight Backpack
About the Outdoor Vitals Company
Outdoor Vitals challenges outdoor enthusiasts to “Live Ultralight” through use of premium ultralight products that cut down on waste.
Living Ultralight means using premium gear that works in any weather, is easy to pack and won’t slow you down.
It means buying less quantity to fill up our earth’s landfills and buying more quality products that are ready for all your adventures.
Shadowlight Ultralight Backpack Reviews
Looking at the features and benefits is great, but taking a look at what real-and-actual customers have to say about a product offers a deeper understanding using user insight.
Here we’ve curated reviews that reflect the Shadowlight Ultralight Backpack, providing feedback from product users and reviewers on independent review sites as well as other online retailers.
Independent Reviews and Recommendations for the Shadowlight Ultralight Backpack
This backpack just launched as of February for public purchase so as more reviews come in I will update this section to be as useful as possible along with add my own detailed review.
What Online Customers Have to Say About the Shadowlight Ultralight Backpack
I’m surprised no one has posted about this backpack yet, seems like an impressively good deal for the price. 1 Lbs 15.5 oz and loaded with features.
This will most likely be my next pack after my faithful ULA Circuit which has treated me well for so many years. The thought of shedding half a pound off my pack weight while picking up some more ergonomics is appealing.Reddit
Final Thoughts on the Shadowlight Ultralight Backpack
I have been looking for the best 60L pack to help me on my planned hikes for the Lone Star Hiking Trail and Ouachita Trail, this looks to be a near perfect match for me and I think many like me.
They offer Affirm for payment which allows you a smaller cost per month instead of having to foot the entire cost today I was able to pay over three months and get an excellent high quality backpack.
Compare to Amazon Backpack Options
|Granite Gear Crown 2 60 Backpack - Men's Highland Peat/Black Long
|Osprey Packs Exos 58 Backpacking Pack, Tunnel Green, Large
|Osprey Aether AG 60 Men's Backpacking Backpack
|Osprey Rook 65 Men's Backpacking Backpack , Mallard Green