I have spent the greater part of a year attempting to find a sleeping pad for myself that was both lightweight along with being comfortable for a full nights rest. You see, I am a hardcore side sleeper and no matter the pad I chose it always was very unhelpful to me.
Then I found the Paria Recharge XL online and found it to be 4″ thick when fully inflated and the people exclaimed how helpful it was to them to sleep good nights on their sides. Well I purchased it and have absolutely fallen in love with it, I know it isn’t the lightest pad out there but it is still the right pad for me now.
Here’s a rundown of what we aim to provide in our Paria Recharge XL review:
- First, we will share the features and benefits that you’ll find useful
- Next, we will take a look at any drawbacks you might need to know about
- Then, we’ll tell you a bit about the Paria company
- And will finish up by providing a sampling of actual customer and Independent reviews to give you better insight into the product
Sound good? Let’s get started!
Features and Benefits of the Paria Recharge XL
- Built For Total Comfort – Say goodbye to sleepless nights on your next backpacking trip! Narrower horizontal baffles, a 76 x 23 inch sleeping surface, and 4 inches of thickness create an incredibly comfortable sleeping surface that will rival your bed at home. A large two-way flat valve, with a built-in flap to prevent air escaping when inflating, makes inflation and deflation a breeze.
- Supreme R Value – We’ve stuffed our pad full of high-loft synthetic micro-fiber insulation, providing a true 3-season pad with an estimated R-value of 4.7. You’ll stay nice and warm during those early spring and late season trips.
- Lightweight – No need to compromise on size and weight in your pack! The pad comes in at only 26 oz. and easily packs down to just 8 x 5 inches in the included stuff sack.
- Hardcore Durability – High strength 40D diamond ripstop nylon and TPU lamination technology provide ultimate durability and ruggedness to survive countless adventures. In addition, a repair kit is included.
- Lifetime Warranty – We stand behind our products and offer a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects. Sleep easy knowing that we’ve got your back!
Special Features (Pros) of
Excellent For Side Sleepers – This is a pad that has 4″ of thickness meaning your shoulder and hips won’t have the ability to dig into the ground and get wrecked!
No Crinkle Noises – One thing that drives people crazy on the more expensive Therm-A-Rest sleeping pads is the crinkle, well this pad has basically zero crinkle at all!
Helpful for Bigger People – When you are bigger the 2″ pads are a letdown in the comfort area, this size pad at 23″ wide and 73″ long gives plenty of space along with a 4″ depth to allow everyone the utmost comfort.
Quality 2 Way Air Valve – Doesn’t let air seep out while inflating and laying in the bed allowing for a full nights rest without having to reinflate.
Drawbacks (Cons) for
Overall Weight – Many other pads to get you an R-Value of 4.7 will be lighter due to the use of internal baffles and reflective fabrics.
Inflating Pains – There is a lot of people who say it takes far too many breaths to fill this for a backpacking pad, I haven’t experienced this but they do have a pump sack available.
Video: Paria Recharge XL
About the Paria Company
Paria Outdoor Products is an outdoor brand based in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Colorado. It was started with a simple goal; to create products that help you experience the great outdoors.
For those of you who are curious, the name Paria (pah-reah) was inspired by the incredible Paria Canyon in southwestern Utah. The entrance into the canyon through Buckskin Gulch is something that I will never forget. Imagine a combination of orange/red canyon walls and a trickle of turquoise water of the Paria River and you’ll have an idea.
Paria Recharge XL Reviews
Looking at the features and benefits is great, but taking a look at what real-and-actual customers have to say about a product offers a deeper dive of insight.
Here we’ve curated reviews that reflect the Paria Recharge XL, providing feedback from product users and reviewers on independent review sites as well as on Amazon.
Independent Reviews and Recommendations for the Paria Recharge XL
The XL is excellent when it comes to camping in late autumn or even in winter. The XL is also 4-inch thick, ensuring that your hips will well-secured on the pad and the heat will be distributed evenly throughout the surface.Read More
I would and have recommended the pad to friends. If you can’t stomach spending about $200 on an AXL with unknown durability, the Paria ReCharge XL (at twice the weight) is a very solid option.Read More
What Customers Have to Say About the Paria Recharge XL
There are many people who were able to report camping at a good comfort even down to 20 degrees with a good quilt or sleeping bag. The R Value was listed as a large reason they could take a 3 season tent down to lower temperatures without issue.
Multiple people were excited for a pad with a 4″ pad height which allows for very comfortable side sleeping, in addition these people compared it to having a real mattress out on the trail and getting amazing sleep.
The lack of loud crinkling noise was something that was brought up quite frequently which is what occurs on many competitors sleeping pads, this allowed them to get much better sleep throughout their trips.
Final Thoughts on Our Paria Recharge XL Review
When I bought my OutdoorsmanLabs sleeping pad I thought I found a winner as it was very lightweight and low in cost, unfortunately it isn’t very tall so my hip and shoulders were on the ground non-stop and I woke with aches and pains.
Then I found out about Paria and the fact that they had a sleeping pad called the Recharge XL which was 4″ tall and had an R-Value that was among the best available in any sleeping pad.
I bought it and haven’t looked back since that point and the Paria has provided me in getting good sleep and I will buy another one when this one hits the end of its life, take the plunge you will not be let down!
Compare to Other Sleeping Pads
|Image||Click to Edit||Title||Price||Prime||Buy|
|TopTop||Nemo Tensor||Nemo Tensor Ultralight Sleeping Pad, Regular||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||NeoAir UberLite||Thermarest NeoAir UberLite Sleeping Pad, Orion, Small, 13247||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Insulated Static V||Klymit Insulated Static V Lite Sleeping Pad||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||NeoAir Xlite||Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Xlite Ultralight Backpacking Air Mattress, WingLock Valve, Regular - 20 x 72 Inches||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||AXL Air Ultralight||Big Agnes AXL Air Ultralight Sleeping Pad, Gray, 20x72 Mummy||Prime||Buy Now|