I LOVE my quilt, just to put that out there first and foremost. The reason I prefer my quilt over a sleeping bag really comes down to my inability to stay in one position while sleeping, I toss and turn like nobodies business!
The only issue with loving quilts is they are much more interesting to shop for, everyone knows what a mummy bag looks like and how it will envelop them. I chose a quilt without ever trying one on, I knew my sleeping habits and decided to take the chance and I have never looked back.
If you are like me and you move around a lot or switch frequently from front to back or side to side, this may be the perfect choice for you!
- ►CADILLAC OF TOPQUILTS: The new StormLoft down topquilt not only features premium treated down but features the best materials in a superior baffling design for the most warmth and least weight!
- ►LIGHTEST WEIGHT MATERIALS: Feel as light as a feather while packing a hammock gear topquilt using our new lightest weight fabric (10D) and highest quality down (800+FP).
- ►HYBRID BAFFLE DESIGN: Stay warm everywhere with our hybrid baffling system that optimizes both the stability of down for warmth and minimizing seam weight of our ultralight topquilts for lighter packs!
- ►SMALL IN YOUR PACK: Your back will thank you for using premium ultralight materials and so will your backpack because these materials compress smaller so your down quilt takes up less space in your backpack!
- ►STORMLOFT DOWN: Certified 800+ fill power down both responsibly sourced and DWR treated. Enjoy lighter packs with premium quality down in your hammock top quilt that is more resistant to moisture!
Here’s a rundown of what we’ll provide in this Outdoor Vitals Down TopQuilt review:
- First we’ll share the features and benefits that you’ll find useful
- Next, we’ll take a look at the drawbacks you might need to know about
- Then, we’ll tell you a bit about the Outdoor Vitals company
- And finally we’ll provide a sampling of actual customer and Independent reviews to give you better insight into the product.
Sound good? Let’s get started!
Features and Benefits of the Outdoor Vitals Down TopQuilt
- VERSATILE USE: The included pad strap allows you to use your down quilt while ground camping as well as in a hammock, which means you’ll be use your quilt for any environment you go in!
- CADILLAC OF TOPQUILTS: The new StormLoft down topquilt not only features premium treated down but features the best materials in a superior baffling design for the most warmth and least weight!
- LIGHTEST WEIGHT MATERIALS: Feel as light as a feather while packing a hammock gear topquilt using our new lightest weight fabric (10D) and highest quality down (800+FP).
- HYBRID BAFFLE DESIGN: Stay warm everywhere with our hybrid baffling system that optimizes both the stability of down for warmth and minimizing seam weight of our ultralight topquilts for lighter packs!
- SMALL IN YOUR PACK: Your back will thank you for using premium ultralight materials and so will your backpack because these materials compress smaller so your down quilt takes up less space in your backpack!
- STORMLOFT DOWN: Certified 800+ fill power down both responsibly sourced and DWR treated. Enjoy lighter packs with premium quality down in your hammock top quilt that is more resistant to moisture!
Special Features (Pros) of the Outdoor Vitals Down TopQuilt
Favorable To Toss and Turners – Quilt works very well for those who have trouble sitting still while sleeping and allows you to stay warm all night.
Ultralight With Quality – Most exclaimed that it was incredibly well functioning for around 1/2 the cost of the more “name brand” quilts, like Enlightened Equipment.
Drawbacks (Cons) for the Outdoor Vitals Down TopQuilt
Shipped Compressed – May need some TLC before first hikes to ensure all down is able to get back into place
Cinch Cord Positioning – Appears to cause people some issues with its placement at close to chin level.
Video: Outdoor Vitals Down TopQuilt
About the Outdoor Vitals Company
Outdoor Vitals focuses on designing premium ultralight products that are comfortable and multi-functional. Our high standards of quality and versatility keep customers from buying multiple items or replacing gear to often.
Living Ultralight means buying less quantity and getting higher quality!
Outdoor Vitals Down TopQuilt Reviews
Looking at the features and benefits is great, but taking a look at what real-and-actual customers have to say about a product offers a deeper dive of insight. Here we’ve curated reviews that reflect the Outdoor Vitals Down TopQuilt, providing feedback from product users and reviewers on independent review sites as well as online storefronts.
Independent Reviews and Recommendations for the Outdoor Vitals Down TopQuilt
The Outdoor Vitals Storm Loft Down Top Quilt is a super solution to staying warm when camping. If you turn over a lot in the night you’ll prefer sleeping with this to a traditional sleeping bag.Read More…
Using this quilt, you can thrash around and stick out your arms and legs to your heart’s content – no “confined to quarters” feeling as in a sleeping bag. And regardless of where and how you curl up in this quilt, you will remain warm for three season camping – even if the quilt gets wet.Read More…
I’ve had a blast testing the quilts, although I had to wait a while for the weather to really drop here in northern Arizona before I could really test the temperature rating. The under quilt seals up nicely and adjusts well.Read More…
What Online Customers Have to Say About the Outdoor Vitals Down TopQuilt
Rated year-after-year consistently with good reviews online, this quilt comes very highly recommended on recent reviews.
This is amazingly light and small in size factor, smaller than a Quaker Oats container and could get even smaller should you purchase a good compression sack.
So light, the person was amazed at the lightness and ability to keep you warm with a super lightweight quilt, good job Outdoor Vitals…
I was able to survive a cold stormy, snowy winter trip with this quilt and a quality inflatable pad.
Final Thoughts on Outdoor Vitals Down TopQuilt
Hopefully this has led you to learn a bunch more about quilts and more specifically about the Outdoor Vitals brand equipment. This is a brand which has been around and does take care of their customers when they have issues.
I feel that once you get this quilt you will never go back to a sleeping bag ever again. If this was helpful, it would help us out if you would share this out to your friends, leave me a comment and let me know how the quilt works out for you and if like me you will never trade back again!
Compare to Other Bags and Quilts
Backpacking Quilt vs Sleeping Bag: Which is Best For You?
I personally love quilts now that I have found out about them, I am such a mover and unable to sit still having that open feeling and being able to adjust!
Quilt Warfare: Enlightened Equipment Revelation vs Enigma
The team at Enlightened Equipment has built some masterpieces which continue to be the favorites for thru-hikers and section hikers all around the world.
Enlightened Equipment Revelation Review: Thru-Hiking Staple
We believe highly in EE and recommend checking out the Revelation Quilt if you’re looking to prepare for a thru-hike or upgrade your existing bag!
Sierra Designs Nitro Quilt Review: Staying Warm on the Trail
If you’re in the market for a solidly crafted, lightweight sleeping quilt with a lot of bells and whistles, you’ve come to the right place.