So today we are going to talk about the Nemo Tensor ultralight sleeping pad, one of the strongest competitors to the Therm-A-Rest ownership for inflatable sleeping pads.
The Nemo Tensor is available in multiple forms which allows you to match it up against your needed use. Whether your trip is in Spring, Summer, Fall or even Winter there is a version of this pad that will fit your need to perfection.
Offering a quieter, more supportive sleep with an amazingly tiny packed size, the Nemo Tensor ultralight sleeping pad stands apart as the ultimate backcountry adventurer’s best friend. Newly updated with a zero-profile, micro-adjustable valve and included Vortex pump sack, NEMO’s lightest sleeping pad uses premium 20D fabrics to shave grams without sacrificing plush comfort.
- THE BACKPACKER’S BEST FRIEND - The most technical pad in Nemo’s lineup, the Tensor avoids the usual tradeoff between comfort and packability; 3 inches of cushioned loft, a cozy surface, and added Thermal Mirror insulation (insulated model only) deliver optimal sleep at a minimal packed weight and size
- SUPERIOR SLEEP - Premium fabrics create a luxurious feel and shave grams; Spaceframe baffles offer perfect stability and weight distribution; Insulated models leverage 2 layers of suspended Thermal Mirror film for lighter and quieter insulation, rated to 10 to 20F; Non-insulated models are rated to 35 to 45F
- ULTRALIGHT & PACKABLE - Non-insulated, Long Wide model packs down to 9.5 x 3 in dia; Minimum weight: 1 lb 1 oz; Packed weight: 1 lb 4 oz; Dimensions: 76 x 25 in, Rectangular shape
- PERKS & DETAILS - Included Vortex pump sack provides fast inflation and minimizes moisture entering the pad; Laylow micro-adjustable valve is flush to the pad and offers control over your inflation
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - We strive to design and build the best outdoor equipment on the planet, obsessing over every detail; All NEMO products carry a lifetime warranty against defects in workmanship and materials to the original owner, with proof of purchase from an authorized NEMO dealer
Here’s a rundown of what we’ll provide in this Nemo Tensor Ultralight Sleeping Pad review:
- First we’ll share the features and benefits that you’ll find useful
- Next, we’ll take a look at the drawbacks you might need to know about
- Then, we’ll tell you a bit about the Nemo company
- And finally we’ll provide a sampling of actual customer and Independent reviews to give you better insight into the product.
Sound good? Let’s get started!
Features and Benefits of the Nemo Tensor Ultralight Sleeping Pad
- THE BACKPACKER’S BEST FRIEND – The most technical pad in Nemo’s lineup, the Tensor avoids the usual tradeoff between comfort and packability; 3 inches of cushioned loft, a cozy surface, and added Thermal Mirror insulation (insulated model only) deliver optimal sleep at a minimal packed weight and size
- SUPERIOR SLEEP – Premium fabrics create a luxurious feel and shave grams; Spaceframe baffles offer perfect stability and weight distribution; Insulated models leverage 2 layers of suspended Thermal Mirror film for lighter and quieter insulation, rated to 10 to 20F; Non-insulated models are rated to 35 to 45F
- ULTRALIGHT & PACKABLE – Insulated, Regular model packs down to 8 x 3 in dia; Minimum weight: 15 oz; Packed weight: 1 lb 2 oz; Dimensions: 72 x 20 in, rectangular shape
- PERKS & DETAILS – Included Vortex pump sack provides fast inflation and minimizes moisture entering the pad; Laylow micro-adjustable valve is flush to the pad and offers control over your inflation
- LIFETIME WARRANTY – We strive to design and build the best outdoor equipment on the planet, obsessing over every detail; All NEMO products carry a lifetime warranty against defects in workmanship and materials to the original owner, with proof of purchase from an authorized NEMO dealer
Special Features (Pros) of the Nemo Tensor Ultralight Sleeping Pad
Side Sleeper Friendly – There was a definite appeal to the users who were side sleepers and that this pad was perfect for their use.
Speed To Inflate – The pad is very quick to inflate and be ready for bed within 2 minutes!
Pump Sack Included – The Vortex Pump Sack comes with every Tensor. It makes inflating this pad very simple but isn’t required for your ultralight trips.
Drawbacks (Cons) for the Nemo Tensor Ultralight Sleeping Pad
Deflation On Trail – There were a few reports of issues with deflating air over night. They weren’t clear on use and if on cleared land or were there rocks. Nemo offered free replacement if you sent them the original!
Slightly Heavy and Bulky – This pad isn’t the lightest or most compact pad available currently, but it’s quiet comfort might be well worth a little extra weight.
Video: Nemo Tensor Ultralight Sleeping Pad
About the Nemo Equipment Company
NEMO is founded on a commitment to adventure – to the fearless pursuit of uncharted paths, in everything from the equipment we build to the way we run our business. Bravely exploring new directions opens our minds, brings us closer to the people we depend on, sharpens our wits, and lifts our spirits.
Adventure gives us purpose and perspective. It makes us humble and proud. We believe meaningful adventures are possible for everyone, anywhere. Possible, that is, if you bring the will, the imagination, and the right gear.
Nemo Tensor Ultralight Sleeping Pad Reviews
Looking at the features and benefits is great, but taking a look at what real-and-actual customers have to say about a product offers a deeper dive of insight. Here we’ve curated reviews that reflect the Nemo Tensor Ultralight Sleeping Pad, providing feedback from product users and reviewers on independent review sites as well as on Amazon.
Independent Reviews and Recommendations for the Nemo Tensor Ultralight Sleeping Pad
The NEMO Tensor Insulated pad is cushy, super comfortable, and quieter than almost every air pad we’ve ever tested. We really appreciate that NEMO makes the Tensor in several shapes and size options including mummy, rectangular, and the elusive regular-wide model. The Tensor also comes with a convenient pump sack, which makes inflation fast and easy.Read More…
Outdoor Gear Lab
The Tensor is a great lightweight backpacking pad with high performance at the cost of durability. Our testers found it super comfortable and an improvement over pads with horizontal baffles. If you’re looking for one pad for your weekend adventures and tend to treat your gear with care, the Tensor has impressive specs that make it a top competitor.Read More…
What Amazon Customers Have to Say About the Nemo Tensor Ultralight Sleeping Pad
Finally my search for a sleeping pad has ended! I’ve spent the better part of 3 years trying out and hating different sleeping pads. I’m 6’3, 220 and a side sleeper. I had given up hope of finding a comfortable sleeping pad until I found this. Took it out over the weekend where the lows were in the mid 30’s and it held up wonderfully!
I’ve used it on a number of camping trips and backpacking trips. The valve system is reliable and this mat kept me warm in winter conditions down to 16 degrees. It packs up easily into its stuff sack and is lightweight. Fits easily into my 65L pack. It can be inflated in about 2 minutes. Great backpacking camp mat!
Great, lightweight, sleeps like a dream. Way better than any other pad I’ve tried.
Final Thoughts on the Nemo Tensor Ultralight Sleeping Pad
Nemo makes some very amazing gear and the Tensor Ultralight falls right in line with how their gear is made, very light and very durable which allows for a good hiking pad.
Choosing to lose pounds in the big four can ensure your pack weight stays as low as possible without sacrificing your safety or personal choice gear.
Compare to Other Sleeping Pads on Amazon
Outdoorsman Lab Ultralight Sleeping Pad Review: Budget Gear
It performs so well that I bought it for my family. The Outdoorsman Lab ultralight sleeping pad is an incredible deal in its price to performance!
Therm-A-Rest NeoAir XTherm Review: Best 4 Season Comfort
Four season hiker or backpacker then this is probably the nicest pickup for lightweight gear while providing a super high R-Value to ensure you stay warm!
What R Value Sleeping Pad Do I Need for Thru Hiking?
A good R-Value can mean a big difference in a comfortable sleep system. You definitely want to ensure you properly are prepared for cold nights!
Therm-A-Rest NeoAir UberLite Review: Ultralight Perfection
You make back the cost in your comfort on a long distance thru-hike. A sleeping pad is one of the core ways you can help drop your backpacking base weight.